I love to cook. I love to post pictures of stuff I cook. And I thought the hashtag would be a clever way to share my creations. And it’s sort of become a thing. My thing.
So I’d post these pictures. #whenigrowupiwanttobeachef
People would like them. Make comments about me coming to their house to cook for them. And I’d laugh and move on. Until today.
Something awesome happened. Someone I know cooked something delicious, got online, posted a picture of it and used #whenigrowupiwanttobeachef.
I’ve blogged before. Years of my life are logged at another space on the Internet, but after a while it just didn’t feel right to write there anymore. So I stopped writing there.
Then I stopped writing, which at one point I loved. Said I’d write for my livelihood.
That’s not the case. Writing does not pay my bills.
But the nagging need to express myself has never gone away.
So I cooked. And took pictures of what I cooked.
And now here I am writing about it. Old habits die hard.
The first post is always awkward. Don’t worry. It will get better.
But here’s what I expect this space to be:
- A place where I share food — pictures and recipes
- A place where I talk about running
- A place where I complain about exercise other than running
- A place where I post excessive pictures of Annie Mae, my Boston Terrier
- A place where I encourage others to live a healthier lifestyle
- A place where I make awesome new friends
- A place to use #whenigrowupiwanttobeachef
So if you don’t like food, running, squishy faced dogs or being friendly, [insert grimacing face emoji here].